Top Ways to Reduce Pain and Get ZZZZ’s

July 31, 2015

The 2015 Sleep in America Poll, conducted by the National Sleep Foundation, found that 21 percent of Americans experience chronic pain and 36 percent have had acute pain in the past week. Those combine to a majority of the nation’s adult population, 57 percent, leaving only 43 percent who report being pain-free. The Sleep Foundation reports that […]

Read more

FDA Strengthens Warnings for NSAIDs – What’s a Person in Pain to Do?

July 27, 2015

Many people take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) to relieve their muscle and joint pain. These medications may be particularly effective in conditions in which pain results primarily from inflammation, such as arthritis or athletic injury. Recently, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has provided more safety guidance concerning these over the counter drugs.  General examples […]

Read more

Biofeedback’s Role in Reducing Pain

July 13, 2015

Does biofeedback therapy reduce pain? Salonpas sat down with Dr. Nancy Just, a psychologist who specializes in pain management to learn more about biofeedback’s role in reducing chronic pain. Dr. Just holds a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Temple University.  She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Clinical Psychology and holds a Diplomate […]

Read more

Running Away the Pounds on a Sugar High: Interview with Salonpas Super User: Phil Patterson Jr.

July 6, 2015

Is it possible to pick up the “hobby” of running in one’s thirties, forties or beyond?  What happens if this “hobby” becomes an obsession?  Salonpas sat down with 30something Phil Patterson Jr., who picked up the passion for running as a hobby in June 2013. Running quickly became a serious part of his lifestyle with […]

Read more