- Powered by diclofenac, the most prescribed topical pain relief ingredient
- Clinically proven to reduce arthritis pain in major joints
- Safe to use for up to 21 consecutive days
Salonpas® Arthritis Pain Relief Gel
Prescription-strength diclofenac for arthritis joint pain
NEW Salonpas® Arthritis Pain Relief Gel is the newest product from the pain relief experts at Salonpas®. It's powered by diclofenac, an effective pain-relieving NSAID. Once only available as a prescription, diclofenac sodium 1% gel is now an FDA-approved OTC (over-the-counter) medicine. Salonpas® Arthritis Pain Relief Gel is clinically proven to reduce pain of arthritis in major joints (foot, ankle, knee, elbow, wrist, hand), and is safe to use for up to 21 consecutive days. Salonpas® Arthritis Pain Relief Gel is a clear, non-greasy, unscented gel that reduces inflammation and delivers relief right at the site of pain.
Contents: 3.53 oz (100g)
Number of doses: Up to 50
- Diclofenac sodium (NSAID*) 1% (equivalent to 0.93% diclofenac) (Arthritis pain reliever)
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
for the temporary relief of arthritis pain ONLY in the following areas:
- hand, wrist, elbow (upper body areas)
- foot, ankle, knee (lower body areas)
- this product may take up to 7 days to work for arthritis pain; it is not for immediate relief
If no pain relief in 7 days, stop use.
For external use only
Diclofenac may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may include:
- asthma (wheezing)
- skin reddening
- facial swelling
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
This product contains diclofenac. Liver damage may occur if you apply:
- more or for a longer time than directed
- when using other drugs containing diclofenac
Stomach bleeding warning:
This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is small but higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- apply more or for longer than directed
Heart attack and stroke warning:
NSAIDs, except aspirin, increase the risk of heart attack, heart failure, and stroke. These can be fatal. The risk is higher if you use more than directed or for longer than directed.
Do not use
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever or to a fever reducer
- for strains, sprains, bruises or sports injuries. This product has not been shown to work for these types of injuries.
- right before or after heart surgery
- on more than 2 body areas at the same time
- in the eyes, nose, or mouth
Ask a doctor before use if
- you have problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducers
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, kidney disease, asthma, or had a stroke
- you are taking a diuretic
- you are under the age of 18 years. It is not known if this drug works or is safe in children under the age of 18 years.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- under a doctor's care for any serious condition
- taking any other drug
When using this product
- avoid contact with eyes, nose, or mouth
- if eye contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 21 days
- fever occurs
- redness or swelling is present in the painful area
- skin irritation occurs
- any new symptoms appear. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- have bloody or black stools
- vomit blood
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- you have symptoms of heart problems or stroke:
- chest pain
- trouble breathing
- leg swelling
- weakness in one part or side of body
- slurred speech
If pregnant or breast-feeding
Ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use this product during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do as by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
Use up to 21 days unless directed by your doctor.
Not for strains, sprains, bruises or sports injuries. This product has not been shown to work for these types of injuries.
For your arthritis pain:
- Use 4 times per day every day
- Do not use on more than 2 body areas at the same time
Use ENCLOSED DOSING CARD to measure a dose
- For each upper body area (hand, wrist, or elbow) — Squeeze out 2.25 inches (2 grams)
- For each lower body area (foot, ankle, or knee) — Squeeze out 4.5 inches (4 grams)
Read the enclosed User Guide for complete instructions:
- use only as directed
- do not use more than directed or for longer than directed
- apply only to clean, dry skin that does not have any cuts, open wounds, infections or rashes
- do not apply in same areas as any other product
- do not apply with external heat such as a heating pad
- do not apply a bandage over the treated area
- store ENCLOSED DOSING CARD with your Diclofenac Sodium Topical Gel, 1%. The dosing card is re-usable.
- store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F). Keep from freezing.
- read all product information before using. Keep the dosing card, this carton and accompanying User Guide for important information.
carbomer homopolymer Type C, cocoyl caprylocaprate, fragrance, isopropyl alcohol, mineral oil, polyogl 20 cetostearyl ether, propylene glycol, purified water, strong ammonia solution