Salonpas® Pain Relief Patch LARGE
The First FDA-Approved OTC Topical Pain Reliever
Salonpas Pain Relief Patch LARGE contains two powerful pain fighting ingredients, menthol and methyl salicylate (an NSAID – a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug).
Number of Patches: 9 Count
Patch Size: 3.94" × 5.50" (10cm x 14cm)
- Menthol 3% (Topical analgesic)
- Methyl salicylate 10% (NSAID*) (Topical analgesic)
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Temporarily relieves mild to moderate aches & pains of muscles & joints associated with:
- Simple backache
For external use only
Stomach bleeding warning:
This product contains an NSAID, which may cause stomach bleeding. The chance is small but higher if you:
- Are age 60 or older.
- Have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems.
- Take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug.
- Take other drugs containing an NSAID (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others).
- Have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product.
- Take more or for a longer time than directed.
Do not use:
- On the face or rashes.
- On wounds or damaged skin.
- If allergic to aspirin or other NSAIDs.
- With a heating pad.
- When sweating (such as from exercise or heat).
- Any patch from a pouch that has been open for 14 or more days.
- Right before or after heart surgery.
Ask a doctor before use if:
- You are allergic to topical products.
- The stomach bleeding warning applies to you.
- You have high blood pressure, heart disease, or kidney disease.
- You are taking a diuretic.
When using this product:
- Wash hands after applying or removing patch. Avoid contact with eyes. If eye contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.
- The risk of heart attack or stroke may increase if you use more than directed or for longer than directed
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- You feel faint, vomit blood, or have bloody or black stools. These are signs of stomach bleeding.
- Rash, itching or skin irritation develops:
- Condition worsens.
- Symptoms last for more than 3 days.
- Symptoms clear up and occur again within a few days.
- Stomach pain or upset gets worse or lasts.
If pregnant or breast-feeding:
Ask a doctor before use while breast-feeding and during the first 6 months of pregnancy. Do not use during the last 3 months of pregnancy because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children
If put in mouth, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Package not child resistant. Dispose of the used patches after folding sticky ends together.
Adults 18 years and older:
- Clean and dry affected area.
- Remove patch from backing film and apply to skin (see illustration).
- Apply one patch to the affected area and leave in place for up to 8 to 12 hours.
- If pain lasts after using the first patch, a second patch may be applied for up to another 8 to 12 hours.
- Only use one patch at a time.
- Do not use more than 2 patches per day.
- Do not use for more than 3 days in a row.
- The used patch should be removed from the skin when a new one is applied.
Children under 18 years of age:
Do not use; this product has not been shown to work in children
Some individuals may not experience pain relief until several hours after applying the patch.
Avoid storing product in direct sunlight.
Protect product from excessive moisture.
Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F).
Alicyclic Saturated Hydrocarbon Resin, Backing Cloth, Film, Mineral Oil, Polyisobutylene, Polyisobutylene 1,200,000, Styrene-Isoprene-Styrene Block Copolymer, Synthetic Aluminum Silicate